Here it is - Lauren - my latest knitting design.
The fancy rib pattern is derived from an old magazine that belonged to my Grandma, dating back to the 1940s. It is very stretchy and so well suited to the close fitting design.
It took me a few goes to get the sleeve sizing correct. Because the pattern is very stretchy in the horizontal direction it was difficult to gauge how many stitches to cast on and then, when and how many increases to make. Third time lucky I got it right. The sleeve head worked out beautifully - I used Pythagoras's' theorem to work out the sizing for this!
I will post the actual pattern in the next few days - I need to get the calculator out again to work out the instructions for the larger sizes.
Gorgeous! If I ever get to the other side of the children, new babies and Christmas knitting I want to make this for myself :-)ReplyDelete