So starting with something quick and simple, I made a crochet coaster for the spare bedroom.
I used my Eveline's Motif pattern and some pinks and greens in DK weight yarn.
That's one ticked off the list.
I was itching to start re-crocheting the rectangular tray cloth but wanted to make some adaptations. So I'm making it wider and shorter to 'square' it up and I'm using 4 ply cotton in pink.
It's going to be quite big and should make an interesting table centre.
I reduced the list of shawls down and finally settled on the Maluka pattern.
I've made a few triangular shawls before so I thought I'd try one with a different construction. This one knits up the edging then picks up the stitches along one side for the body of the shawl which is then worked in short rows.
The pattern calls for 4 ply yarn but I'm using a DK weight yarn as I want something bigger and bulkier to snuggle up in.
The edging has a really interesting design and I'm using 5 mm needles so it's growing quickly and the yarn is giving lovely stitch definition.
As the weather seems to have turned a little bit warmer today, the next project probably isn't priority, but I couldn't resist starting to knit a new hat. I eventually settled on Kate Davies's Tantallon pattern as I already had that in my library.
|Tantallon by Kate Davies|
Some of the photos of the hats made by other knitters on Ravelry made me think about colours. I wanted the Fair Isle pattern to show up more, so I'm just using pink shades, with one grey shade. I want the foreground pattern to stand out.
Obviously still a long way to go with this one, but no rush.
I might take the plunge and buy some wool to knit the skirt this week - just have to decide on colour.
So that's me set up for some busy evenings knitting and crocheting, a few late nights might help.