I think I'm suffering from sport overload! I'm enjoying the football and US Open golf, but I've reached that stage where I need to get on with other things. Thankfully the number of football matches per day reduces after today and the golf should be finished this evening.
On the plus side, I have managed to work my way through quite a bit of yarn. The yarn stash is reducing nicely. Firstly, the aran cardigan is finished. (Full details on Ravelry, HERE)
This yarn was leftover from a hat that Grace made. The pattern is Maddalena by Louisa Harding, a pattern I've made before and worn a lot. So if it works, then I'm happy to go with it again.
The only problem I have is that it's purple. I'm strangely drawn to purple yarn - I now have three purple cardigans, unfortunately I have no dresses or skirts that go with them. I need to buy myself some purple fabric and make a coordinating dress. So let's put it on the wish list.
I've also knitted two pairs of socks. The first pair incorporates the Cobblestone pattern by Mina Philipp from her latest collection. (Details on Ravelry, HERE)
I was using the Sockmaticians recipe for toe up socks with a traditional heel turn and flap and I can say that I love it. I much prefer toe up socks (no kitchener for the toes!) and up until now I hadn't settled on a heel I liked for this method. This pattern now provides me with a heel I like and I'll be using it for most of my socks from now on.
The second pair of socks I've made also use the Sockmaticians recipe, but this time I used DK weight yarn rather than my usual 4 ply. (Details on Ravelry, HERE)
I used a chart from a Finnish pattern called Eukalyptus which creates a lovely lacy pattern.
This yarn has been frogged multiple times so it's a real stash buster - I'm therefore joining in with Linda's Crafty Corner's Stash Busting Party for this one.
I'm now on my third pair of socks - my aim is to make at least five pairs of socks to use up stashed yarn during the European Championships. I'm well on my way to achieving this goal and could possibly make more but I suspect that by the time I've knitted five pairs of socks I'll be ready to move on to other things.
And finally, I've finished the last three squares for my Block - a - Month blanket. The two large squares were not the ones selected for this month. I didn't like the ones selected so I substituted these because I just wanted to get them out of the way.
I now have the equivalent of 16 large squares, which is enough for my blanket. The next job, the one I really love, is deciding the placement of the squares then sewing them together. I'll leave crocheting the border until next month. I haven't decided what I'm doing for this yet, but I'm thinking of making quite a deep border.
So that's me all accounted for. I'm hoping to get some fresh air over the next week, inbetween sock knitting!
Enjoy the week ahead whatever you have planned.