Since I last posted, I've a few finished objects, plenty of works-in progress and I've had another weigh-in of the stash.
So let's get started, and here are my finished projects. Firstly this shawl.
I just adore the colours. I wear pink and grey more than any other colours, so this shawl is perfect for me. I love the gradient colour changes.
The shawl is lovely and I used all of the 200g I had bought of this yarn, so it's a very generous size. It's Ullcentrum 2 ply sport weight yarn and the colourway is Sky Pink. It was the first yarn I bought at Yarndale last year and I'm surprised it's taken me this long to knit it up. You can see details of this project on my Ravelry page, here.
Next up is the Block a Month Blanket I started back in January. I decided to just crochet 16 squares for this one.
Each square is 10 inches square, so it makes a lovely lap blanket. I added a fairly simple edging and I'm very happy with the result. Details on Ravelry, here.
Another crochet project, a much quicker one, was these cute little flowers.
They are made from a free pattern by Ali Crafts Designs. The pattern can be downloaded from Ravelry, here, and it really is a simple but very effective design.
My dressmaking is going well. Yesterday I completed my pink dress.
I'm not sure that the mannequin is showing the dress off very well, so here's a badly taken picture of me wearing it.
The dress is very simple, it has princess seams, a side zip and a gently flared skirt. It's New Look 6020 and I've made the pattern several times now - a very wearable dress.
I've treated myself to a new dress pattern, the Vintage Shirt Dress by Sew Over It.
It's the first independently designed pattern I've tried, the instructions look very detailed and helpful, so I'm looking forward to giving it a go. Before then, I want to make a button through skirt (a bit of practice at buttonholes!). So I need to make some time to get on with these.
And having finished my pink dress, I thought it deserved a pretty coat hanger, so I crocheted up this one, using my Floral Embellishment pattern.
It only took a couple of hours to complete and I think it looks great.
On the needles at present are my Fair Isle cardigan.
Some, but not a great deal of progress there.
A pair of socks. No photos yet but they should be off the needles in the next day or two.
I also have my crochet Mandala Madness which hasn't made any progress and is in desperate need of some love and affection.
So plenty to keep me busy.
Finally, it's been six months since I decided to be brave and weigh my stash (inspired by Linda from Linda's Crafty Corner). In February the stash weighed in at a bouncing 18.2 kg - wow!
After being on a crash diet for six months I'm pleased to say the stash now weighs a more healthy 11.6 kg, that's even allowing for the 850g of yarn that sneaked its way in when my back was turned!.
There's still a long way to go and with Yarndale coming up at the end of next month, I need to clear some more works-in-progress, but I feel satisfied that things are reaching a more manageable level.
Well that was a packed post! I'll be back shortly (no more laziness) and hopefully with some more finished objects. Enjoy your week.