I have designated this month, the month I finish off all my outstanding works-in-progress. There weren't that many, but I have a number of new projects I'm itching to start and I know that if I cast on for them I will start to feel somewhat overwhelmed.
I'm making excellent progress. I have the carrot of new projects dangling in front of me, urging me on. I'll show you what I've completed over the course of the next few posts, but rather than saving the best 'til last, I'm going with my favourite first.
The Sophie's Universe crochet-along has now sadly finished. I have loved every minute of the journey making this blanket. After many weeks of interesting and addictive crochet, here is the finished blanket.
Isn't she a beauty?
I started out with no definite plans for colours. I just wanted to use up as much of my stash of acrylic double knitting weight yarn as I possibly could. By the time I got to the end of the blanket I was running short of colours that would make it the whole way round the border. There was no way I could do the bobble flowers in the border rows (there are 300 of them!) in one colour, so rather than start a completely new colour, I use up the odds and ends and made the bobble flowers in random colours all the way round.
I think this fits in with the general random-ness of the blanket.
You can see details of this project on my Ravelry page, here.
There are a couple of new mystery crochet-alongs starting up in the next few months that I've signed up for, but I can't believe they will be able to beat the Sophie's Universe CAL for pure pleasure. I may just have to start another one!