I felt like doing a little bit of embroidery the other day.
Onto some scraps of white cotton, I embroidered some flowers and added a border of beads.
I then sewed a line of running stitches around the edges, to gather it up, and trimmed off the surplus fabric.
I sorted out some large buttons - 2 -3 cms in diameter.
Gathered the fabric over the button to cover it and pulled it up nice and tight at the back.
I added a small circle of felt to cover the back and sewed on a safety pin.
And this is what I ended up with, some cute little badges.
I think the design needs some polishing up - maybe I'll try a different colour background fabric and larger flowers - but overall I think they'll do.