I finally finished the crochet jacket last weekend. It's been too hot to wear it and take some photos until today, so here they are.
The yarn I used was James C. Brett ripple, which is double knitting weight. This yarn is horrible to knit with - it tangles and knots very easily - but was lovely to crochet with. I used 16 x 50g balls - I had originally bought 20 balls for £10 - so the jacket was very economical.
The jacket looks grey in colour from a distance but it is actually a combination of greens, pinks and blues with a slight sheen to them. It looks lovely close up.
All in all, I'm pleased with the result - a very nice jacket for wearing this Autumn.