Monday, 10 January 2011

50 Projects in 2011?

I have previously mentioned that I designed and made a hat over Christmas. I was just about to type up the pattern for you when I had a change of heart and decided to rip it out and almost start again - the shape wasn't exactly how I wanted it. I've now reknitted the hat and I'm happier with the shape - so the pattern should follow shortly.

I've been thinking about New Year's resolutions - I don't tend to make any specific ones but usually I just aim at a general 'being better'. This year is my 50th birthday (which I'm really looking forward to) and so I wanted to mark it out as really special. I thought I would make a resolution to complete 50 knitting and crochet projects in 2011. I counted up the number of projects I completed in 2010, just to see if this was a viable goal - I actually completed 85 knitting and crochet projects in 2010 - so to complete 50 in 2011 is hardly challenging. I'll leave the resolution at 'being better' - and see how I get on!

In the meantime, here's a really quick and cute knitting project.

These mini aliens take about 20 minutes each to make. They are only just over 1 inch tall and are knitted in one piece - the arms are actually little bobbles.
The pattern is by Barbara Prime and is available free here.

A friend on Ravelry recommended this pattern to me and I'm glad she did. She also drew my attention to a cute knitted pig pattern - I'll be trying that one soon.

3 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute. Breast Cancer survivors would really like these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute, will have to try them

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yellow Pink and Sparkly. I'd love to hear from you, so please feel free to leave a comment.