As you can see it isn't really a tammy, more of a slouchy beanie. Nevertheless it's very wearable and I'm pleased with the patterning.
I used oddments from my stash of Rowan Scottish 4 ply Tweed. This wool is ideal for Fair Isle knitting - it has a lovely rustic feel to it. I also used this yarn in my Rose vest.
Unfortunately this yarn is now discontinued. I went into John Lewis in Liverpool last week and their wonderful knitting consultant searched the store room for me and came up with the remaining 6 balls they had. I shall be very sorry when it's all used up. Hopefully Rowan will replace it with something similar.
I'm now knitting another Fair Isle hat - this time for Eve. I've adjusted the shaping, based on the first hat, so this one should look more like a tammy. Working out the pattern is fun. There seems to be an awful lot of maths involved. The hats tend grow fairly organically - I don't plan too far ahead with the colours - just join in the colours as and when they look right.
I had planned on writing out the pattern for the finished tammy - assuming I get it right this time - however, I'm not sure I would begin to know how to explain the shaping and as for trying to chart the patterns - well, that may be beyond my skills. I shall have to see when the latest one is finished.