Quick recap - the pattern is Rona by Marie Wallin from Rowan magazine #46. I used a mixture of yarns - all DK weight and a 3mm hook.
I hadn't tried it on until it was virtually finished, as I knew that if I didn't like it I would never finish it and no one would get to wear it. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried it on because it was nowhere near as bulky as it seemed in construction. It is a good fit - again surprising because the smallest size was small/medium and I thought it might swamp me.
The colours aren't too bad either - at one point it seemed at bit too colourful but I think the light blue edgings and collar tone it down a lot.
The collar curls a bit so I'll have to sort that out but otherwise I'm happy with the result.