The yarn is Sirdar crofter fair isle-effect DK. As with most Sirdar yarns, it goes a long way. I only used 5 balls.
I improvised the pattern. I wanted something plain knit to show off the beautiful colour changes so I started off knitting a round-necked sweater. When it came to knitting the front I decided to add interest by making the button opening (based on a number of Kim Hargreaves patterns).
Rather than ribbed cuffs and hem I changed to frilled ones. This adds to the femininity of the sweater. The neckband is garter stitch.
I still have 5 balls of the yarn left so I can look forward to knitting with the yarn again.